I provide a lot of free (original) source files on this site, so I think It’s important for you to know exactly what you can do with those files.
SellingGraphics source files (freebie downloads) are original works, and therefore subject to copyright. What does this mean? I’ll tell you: Since the files you download from SellingGraphics.com are my original artwork, they are copyrighted by me with Some Rights Reserved for my protection provided by Creative Commons License, however, there are certain things you can do with them.
Here’s what you can and can’t do:
First and foremost you need to understand one thing: Just because it’s free, doesn’t mean it’s copyright free. Every file (and every file contained within those files) I create/give away is copyrighted by me. I own the rights to all of my artwork. Get permission from me if you are unsure about anything. Getting permission is the right thing to do and it will save you a lot of trouble rather than getting caught selling my work.
1. You may NOT Redistribute SellingGraphics Original Source files from your own site. Specifically, you can not download SellingGraphics original designs, upload them to your own server, and redistribute as your own download, in whole or in part. In order to share SellingGraphics resources, you must link to the SellingGraphics page where the source file is located.
2. You may NOT adapt SellingGraphics’s free source files in order to charge money for them.
3. You may NOT take any SellingGraphics file (including zip files) and claim it as your own.
4. You may NOT take any SellingGraphics file and sell it on a stock photography/vector resource site.
5. You may NOT ever copy and paste one of my entire articles on your own site. You may only feature an excerpt on your site and link to mine for the original story. Copying articles in full (even if you link back) is still copyright infringement. Excerpts only please.
By using my files, content, or both you agree to these terms and conditions which are subject to change without notice. Violating these terms and conditions could and will result in punishment to the maximum extent under law.
Do these things:
- Use SellingGraphics files in posters, website designs, cd covers, postcards, annuals, flyers, business cards, branding, . . . DESIGN.
- Use SellingGraphics buttons as a part of a UI for a software you are developing.
- Use SellingGraphics files as a learning experience to grow and create your own excellent designs.
- Take a screenshot or grab an image from one of my posts and link to the post if you want to allow your visitors access to SellingGraphics Files. (hotlinking won’t work, trust me)