Graphic Leftovers is one of the smaller microstock agencies, but offer few pleasant surprises. I started there in September 2010, because I wanted to utilize my illustrations on iSyndica (which was closed few days later, R.I.P. iSyndica). Next month I was really surprised by my earnings on this agency!
In this microstock agency you can set your own prices for each of your images – from $1 to $20. Your revenue is 52% – Graphic Leftovers is a Fair Trade Contributor Site. Most of other microstock sites offer much smaller revenue – 15, 20, 30 percent.
Comparison with other agencies
At the beginning I didn’t have much sales with my portfolio (only 300 illustrations), but because of the price (I let there the default value $6), the income was nice.
In September and November the earnings from Graphic Leftovers was about 25 percent of the earnings from BigStock or 123RF (but the portfolio size was different – GL about 300 images, BS and 123 around 2500 images).
In December I had already 1000 images on Graphic Leftovers and the earnings were same as on BS and 123!
January was quite weak (about 50%), but February much better (80%). I had to mention, that on GL I still have only half of my portfolio. I think, that I can reach interesting results once I upload whole my portfolio (around 3000 images).
Just for the information, neither Bigstock, nor 123rf are the agencies with highest earnings, but they are quite easy for upload. You can compare their earnings with the best agencies on one of my older earnings report
More info about Graphic Leftovers
- minimum payout $50 (PayPal, Moneybookers, check)
- upload via web or FTP
- accepting photos (min 3 MPx) and vector illustrations (EPS version 8 or 10 + big JPG preview (min 3 Mpx again) with the same name
- upload is very easy – just upload files via FTP. That’s all (in case you have title, description and keywords in IPTC), you don’t need to press any button on the site, choose categories etc.
- they don’t accept editorials photos
Graphic Leftowers is a good agency for microstock veterans (people who have several hundreds images in their portfolio) – if you have just few images, you will wait long for your first sale.
- there is not much sales (you need bigger portfolio)
- you get $3 from each (less or more, depends on your price setting)
- the upload is one of the easiest, that I ever found (just upload via FTP, the rest is done automatically)
- Fair Trade Contributor Site (you get 52% from the price)